Yay! It's back! Carl's R(eaders) I(mbibing) P(eril) Challenge XI. If you have no idea what I'm referring to, check out the sign up page.
I'll be signing up for Peril the Third, just because I haven't been reading as much as I have been the previous years.
We all have a seemingly never-ending set of demands on our time. If you want to participate but cannot commit to anything time-consuming, this is the one-book-only option for participation. This event isn’t meant to be a burden…remember the “have fun” part…so if you want to join the fun in the least burdensome way possible, Peril the Third is just for you.
I'll also be participating in Peril in the Short Story, and hunting down some classic scary stories to read.
Peril on the Screen is one I'll be doing too. I'm diving into Stranger Things this weekend.
So, what's on my reading list this year? Well, a lot of books I didn't get to in previous years for one.
- Lolly Willowes by Sylvia Townsend Warner (new)
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (readalong)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Austen and Graham-Smith
- The House on the Borderlands by William Hope Hodgson
Not shown (The ??? is for books I haven't got yet):
- She Walks in Shadows- Anthology
- Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer (new)
- Jezebel's Daughter by Wilkie Collins
- Witches of New York by Ami McKay (???)
- Roadside Picnic by Arkady Strugatsky (???)
- The Haunted and the Haunters (???)
That's what this Season of the RIP looks like this year. What's on your list?