Yes, it's Plan a Solo Vacation Day on March 1! Now is the time to plan a vacation for yourself. It sounds very adventurous and someday I'd like to try it. I'm a pretty nervous traveler though so it's tough for me.
If you are interested, Pinterest has a lot of ideas, especially if you are a lone lady. Here are a few I've found:
- 10 Safest Destinations for Solo Female Travelers The Blonde Abroad
- Why Your First Solo Trip Should Be to Iceland also The Blonde Abroad
- My Best Tips for Traveling Solo by Kelly Purkey
- An Honest Look at Female Solo Travel A Little Adrift
- You Can Solo Travel: 6 Female Bloggers Will Tell You How Nomadic Chica
- The Realities About Traveling as an Introvert Young Adventuress
- Solo Traveler a blog devoted to solo travel (they're looking for diverse contributors right now, fyi)
And so. many. more. Just type "solo travel" into Pinterest search. Yikes! It's quite inspiring.
Maybe you can't afford to travel or aren't quite ready. Here are some books featuring solo travel:
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
An Age of License by Lucy Knisley
In the Mountains by Elizabeth von Arnim
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Who says "plan" doesn't mean "daydream" anyway? I'm all for that!