The Readathon is about to begin and I’m just dragging myself out of bed now. Sorry, I do this every Readathon. Before I get the coffee on, I’ll tell you what I’ll be reading.
The Clothes They Stood Up In.Alan Bennett
- Your House Is On Fire, Your Children All Gone. Stefan Kiesbye
- The Flamethrowers. Rachel Kushner
- The Night Bookmobile. Audrey Niffenegger
- The Edible Woman. Margaret Atwood (audio)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Your House Is On Fire, Your Children All Gone. It looks creepy
- I have a chocolate bar hidden away.
- I’m a brunettte with green eyes and I am very tired right now.
- Probably nothing. I’m always a read when I can readathoner.
I’ll be updating this page during the readathon. Good luck!
It’s 2 and a half hours in and I have finished one book: The Clothes They Stood Up In by Alan Bennett. Not sure what to make of it. It’s sadder than I thought it would be and very British.
I had some waffles and I’m considering taking a run before moving onto my next book.
I had my run while listening to The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood. I’m really liking it. She was a clever and funny writer, even back in 1965.
I think it’s time for snacks!
Just my Book Sentence Challenge
Rumors surfacing when she flew.
Update the fourth and a mini-challenge! I’m close to done Your House Is On Fire, Your Children All Gone. A seriously disturbing book. Still working on The Edible Woman too.
My Little Pocketbooks asks us to cast the protagonist of our current book.
1. Book: The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
2. Character: Marian McAlpine. She cannot eat since getting engaged and feels that she’s being consumed. I cast Jennifer Lawrence.
3. Why? Marian is young, smart, and funny, as is Jennifer. Plus, Jennifer was already in one hunger related movie, why not another?