I swear I do this every Read-a-thon. Every time I don’t sign up until the last moment because I think I’ll be too busy to read all day. And then I say “Screw it!” and sign up anyway. Instead of a 24 Hour Read-a-thon, I make it a “I’m reading as much as I want or can today, damn it!” -athon. So that’s what it is. No expectations. Here’a a list of books I’ll be involved in for the day.
- The Ballad of Peckham Rye by Muriel Spark
- Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
- Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- Brown Girl in the Ring by Nalo Hopkinson
- On audio: The Black Tower by Louis Bayard (not shown)
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle (graphic novel)
I have to plan some snacks too!
If you want to read all day, here’s how: sign up for Dewey’s Read-a-thon starting April 20th! Check your local times.