How sad is it that I had to look up 'numero dos'? Oh well, I took French in school.
So. Bloggiesta Day Two has gone rather well. I cleaned up my Google Reader. I made folders! Wahoo! I also put some books in Goodreads and stopped ignoring all those 'Be My Friend' messages. I might actually use it now.
I'm rocking the new look of my blog. (Yay, me! *toot-toot* That's me tooting my own horn.) If you are curious, I made the background with Dg Patterns. You can customize a background to suit your needs. The new icons for RSS, Twitter and Tumblr, I found on Softicons. They have some beautiful sets there.
Now for Wordlily's mini-challenge!
- Read the post, 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do.
- Rate yourself (on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being muy excellente) on each point. How are you doing?
- Brainstorm examples of what you can/will do to improve your ratings in those areas that could use improvement. And/or:
- If you feel you’re doing particularly great in one area, share examples of how you’ve reached such excellence.
1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight: I'm not too bad with this one, though I do get impatient when I make changes. I think everyone should notice right away. 3/5
2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers: I hope I don't do this. I know I'm not the best commenter but I try to be helpful and (possibly) entertaining. I appreciate all my readers. 4/5
3. You Must Not Scrape Another Bloggers Content: This should be an easy one but surprisingly people do this, sometimes naively believing it's how things are done. Always ask permission to use someone's content and be polite if they say no. 5/5
4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: I try to promote my blog without being a pain in the butt about it. I could always improve. 4/5
5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger: What you see is what you get. 5/5
6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: I'm here every week. Same bat time, same bat channel.
7. You Must Not Ignore SEO: Um....yeah.... not totally aware if I'm doing this. 2.75/5
8. You Must Not Ignore Networking: Well, I'm on the Twitter and the Tumblr now. If you follow me, you will be sick of me. 4.5/5
9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site: *Looks around* Seems all okay to me. What do you think though? You are the one that matters! 4/5
10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around: You know what they say about mud, can't throw it around without getting some on yourself. 5/5
That's it for now!