So I was going to write a couple of reviews but I'm suffering from Christmas brain. I would rather just ramble about my New Years Blog/Reading resolutions.
First off, if you've noticed, I changed my blog template a bit. I still have Ye Olde Bookmark at the top because it's unique to my blog (I hope). But the red was starting to bother me especially when people commented on how Christmasy it looks! So I'm going with green. Green is my favorite color anyway. And let me tell you how much I like Picnik by Picasa. You can do a lot of funky stuff to your photos with it.
It's that time of year when everyone makes their resolutions and why should I be any different.
- I will read from my shelves. I looked at them today and realized that there were still review books from the beginning of the year. I also have books I won, were given or borrowed that I haven't read.
- Use my ebook reader more. I think I only read half a dozen books on my ebook reader. Sometimes I see the newest in readers and think, "ooooooh, me wanty!" but then I remember how I hardly ever use the one I have.
- Don't feel bad about saying no. I've limited my accepting of pitched books lately but I feel bad about it, especially if it's from someone I know. I wonder if they'll ever offer me anything again. But if I'm not interested, I shouldn't feel bad.
- Read more classics. I love to read books from ages ago but wish I could read them more often. I want to read Vindication of the Rights of Women for A Year of Feminist Classics and now I believe I will.
- Relax about stuff. This encompasses a lot of things. I'm not going to stress about not posting, or what to post or all that jazz. Relax about what other people are doing, like BEA. It's not practical for me to spend thousands to travel to a city I've never seen in another country so I'm not going to think about it. I hope those who go have fun and I'd like to meet them but it's not going to happen right now.
- At the same time, try new things. I'm going to try new things with blogging, if they don't work I can change them back.
- Have more fun with my reviews. I'm not getting paid here. I don't have to be all serious. I enjoy blogging more when I can be creative.
- Blogging is not the only thing. I like to do other things. I have a family. This is my hobby. I've tried to make it into something else but let's face it: I'm not a super big deal and I'm not going to make millions with a book deal and TV show.