Yes, I'm a last minute participant. I hemmed and hawed about joining Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon this time around. You see, it's a long weekend- Thanksgiving here- and I wasn't sure what our plans are. Since I still don't know and I try to do the Readathon when I can I said frig it, I'm signing up anyway. If I participate great, if not the world won't end, right? So now to the books.
- The Prisoner of Dieppe- This is a new series from Scholastic Canada: I Am Canada. It's the boys' version of "Dear Canada," Canadian history from a boy's point of view.
- The Tea Shop Girls- The author sent me this book quite a while ago. Looks like a quick read.
- The Fossil Hunter of Sydney Mines- I bought this one at Word on the Street. It's a kid's mystery so it should be fun
- Bitten- Is the first in the Kelley Armstrong Underworld series. I won this from Random House.
- The Tower, the Zoo and the Tortoise- This looks like a cute one.
- Moving Pictures- a graphic novel.
- Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie. This is a romantic retelling of The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. I love the idea of James's story but hate his writing style so maybe I'll enjoy this.
- The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom. A couple buys an old Victorian house, haunting and possession ensue (because Victorian houses have that effect on people).
Next I must plan my snacks! Good luck everyone!
*The little pumpkin boy is a crochet pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.