Sunday, April 19, 2009
I promise this is the last post for the Read-a-thon. First, I want to thank everyone who came by to cheer me on. Whether you are a regular visitor or you came by for the first time, thanks! You guys really helped.
Second, I won a prize. Yay!
Third, from what I can see, I think I might be the slowest reader in the Read-a-thon! lol
Here are the survey questions for the wrap-up:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Obviously, it was 1 am (Hour 16), I fell asleep. I mean lights out!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
High interest? Well, The Importance of Being Earnest was pretty fun. YA books are pretty fast an engaging: Coraline, Skeleton Creek
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The blog devoted to the Read-a-thon was a good idea. I also loved Twittering. We had a hashtag: #readathon.
5. How many books did you read?
2 and a half (see my slow reader comment!)
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Disappeared, The Importance of Being Earnest, Cousin Kate
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I enjoyed and am still enjoying Cousin Kate but Earnest was really fun.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'd do it again, for sure! And as a reader again
Finally, a big THANK YOU to Read-a-thon organizers: Trish, Hannah and Nymeth. You guys did a great job. I'm so glad Dewey's Read-a-thon continues on.