I skipped Weekly Geeks there for awhile (I kept forgetting) but now I'm back. This one is really fun.
George Eliot is my choice. I've always found her life and her writing interesting.
1. Choose a writer you like.
2. Using resources such as Wikipedia, the author’s website, whatever you can find, make a list of interesting facts about the author.
3. Post your fun facts list in your blog, maybe with a photo of the writer, a collage of his or her books, whatever you want.
4. Come sign the Mr Linky below with the url to your fun facts post.
5. As you run into (or deliberately seek out) other Weekly Geeks’ lists, add links to your post for authors you like or authors you think your readers are interested in.
*George Eliot (1819-1880) is the pen name of Mary Ann (Mary Anne or Marion) Evans.
*Queen Victoria was a big fan of her work.
*She lived openly with a married man George Henry Lewes. (Don't you think 2 Georges would have confused things!?)
*She had a correspondence with such notables as Charles Darwin and Harriet Beecher Stowe.
*After her lover's death, she married a man 20 years her junior: John Cross. He jumped out of a window and died during their honeymoon. Yikes!
*George Eliot's grave is located in Highgate Cemetery in London
Some interesting pictures:
- Adam Bede, 1859
- The Mill on the Floss, 1860
- Silas Marner, 1861
- Romola, 1863
- Felix Holt, the Radical, 1866
- Middlemarch, 1871-72
- Daniel Deronda, 1876
Random Author Facts