Well, I bit the bullet and bought that artificial tree. I have to say it looks good. A little see through in parts, but pretty when it's all lit up. I miss the smell though. I even bought a juniper wreath for the smell but it hasn't been working. I'll come up with something.
This week there wasn't a lot of book news out there that caught my interest.
- "Naughty nuns and randy noblemen"? Head to the Paris National Library.
- Only in Canada You Say I would love to read this one. "Did you know, for example, that every time you ask for Gravol at the drug store, you're using a word that is unknown anywhere else? (Really?) That those tasty butter tarts your mother used to make don't exist beyond our borders? (I knew that) Or that there are three distinctly Canadian sex words? (Hehehe! Wonder what they are) And jokes about living in the Great White North aside, it is still pretty interesting to discover that there are 17 Canadian words for ice! (That would be good to know!)"
- Those Loch Ness tales might be true! Another reason not to go to the beach.
- The Book Mine Set is a battle to the death for Orwell and Cohen
- Look for my Blog Advent post on December 12.
- My thoughts this week go out to Kookiejar, who lives near the Omaha Mall tragedy. Also, being remembered this week: the Halifax Explosion and the Kailana reminds us of the National Day of Remembrance and Action of Violence Against Women .
- And duh, Estella's Revenge is up. (sorry about the late link)