Lots of interesting little tidbits this week. I hope you all had a great Halloween and are looking forward to the weekend.
- All I can say is "About time!" Walmart has finally reduced the prices of books and magazines in Canada to the quoted US price. ChaptersIndigo followed by reducing it's prices 10-20%. I feel like Christmas shopping!
- Did you enjoy the 24-hour Read-a-thon? Want to do it every week? Check out The Sunday Salon.
- The Read-a-thon is a feature of November's Estella's Revenge. Andi and the gang have outdone themselves this time. They even bagged an interview with Audrey Niffenegger. And there's a new challenge.
- I don't think I'd want to be in Naomi Watts shoes. DuMaurier's classic tale of nature gone nuts is being turned into film once again. It's going to be hard to top Tipi Hendren and Hitchcock's interpretation of The Birds.
- What did you find in your Trick-or-Treat bag? Kookiejar listed her most hated Halloween treats and a lively discussion broke out.
- NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo started yesterday. Are you up for it?
- Scribbit gives tips on getting kids to enjoy reading. November 12-18 is National Children's Book Week.
- And don't forget Karen E Olson tours the Book Blogging world next week, including here on Friday November 9. Hope you drop by!