Today is the final day for Children's Book Week. There are so many books I want to share with my daughter as she grows older. I thought I'd share my list with you all. I know it's a girly-girly list but, hey, I'm a girly-girl.
- The Endless Steppe This story has stuck with me since my parents gave it to me for Christmas in my Pre-teens. Esther's struggles as a young girl in a Russian interment camp revealed to me how lucky I am. I still remember her disastrous attempt at washing her hair.
- Little Women The first 'real' book I ever read. Another Christmas gift. I didn't have any sisters but if I did I'd want them to be like the March clan- with me as Jo, of course.
- Heidi I still have the copy my Grandmother gave me. I loved this story of a little girl living with her Grandfather in the Swiss Alps.
- Charlotte's Web I was never a fan of spiders, still not, but a spider helping a pig is a great story for kids.
- Anne of Green Gables After reading Anne, I wanted red hair and freckles, or at least be her friend Diana. I can't wait to share this Canadian classic with my daughter.
- Nancy Drew Yes, they're terribly old fashioned and predictable, but I thought Nancy's adventures were great fun in my younger years.
Whether you have kids or not, what books would you share with a child?