From BBC News, the Romance Novelists' Association has chosen the 10 most romantic books of all time. Here they are:
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
4. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
6. Katherine by Anya Seton
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen
8. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
9. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
10. Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier
I've read most of them. I don't know if I'd put Rebecca on my own list. It's more of a mystery than a romance. Tess is on my TBR list. I think I'd put Jane Eyre as my #1 though. I love the ending of that book! A few of these don't exactly have happy endings.
Do you think a romance has to have a happy ending? Of these, what would have made it on to your top ten? Any favorites of yours that you think should have been on the list?